Saturday, August 4, 2012

Changing the classroom and Masters Program

As I began the school year, it became apparent that the classroom that I was accustomed to was a classroom of the past, and I was inspired to re-design school as I knew it. There were a couple of weeks that were uncomfortable for both my students and I as we paved our way to a new path of learning. I no longer stand at the front of the classroom on a regular basis to provide direct instruction. The learning environment that I employ is one of autonomy, discovery and creativity. I strive daily to provide students with experiences that are both rigorous and meaningful.  It is my goal to create a classroom where students have access and opportunity through the effective use of technology.
I have only just begun my journey of change and have so much yet to learn in order to achieve my goal. I feel, like my students, that I am a sponge ready and willing to try new things. I am excited to learn from experts in the field and see and hear best practices. I am excited to be working through my Master's in teaching and Learning with technology to gain more expertise and knowledge that I can share with my peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment